- Financial: What is the budget and expected deal structure for making the acquisition? What is the ideal size and financial profile of a target?
- Location: Will the target be absorbed into existing facilities or remain stand-alone? What are the criteria around the geographic location?
- Product / Service: Does the target need to have its own product? Is the objective to extend the acquirer's product / service range? Is the aim to achieve vertical integration?
- Market: Is the acquisition designed to open up new markets or strengthen existing markets or serve a different niche in the same market?
- Distribution Channel: Is the objective of the acquisition to open up new distribution channels?
The acquisition criteria need to be agreed ahead of the search activities but they should also be revisited as the search progresses.
If you would like further details why not Contact Us or call for a no obligation, confidential conversation on 02476 100476.